Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, or RTF document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
Basic Criteria for Manuscript Submission
New Horizons accepts and prefers manuscript on the following basic criteria:
- Robust/Advanced Methodology
- Author(s) should carefully read the Publication Ethics, Open Access Policy and Plagiarism Policy of the Journal
- When received, manuscripts are first evaluated in terms of quality and fit with the Statement of Editorial Policy
- Author(s) should ensure that the work is original, has not been published previously and it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere
- Author(s) should submit the article through the journal’s online submission system only. Author(s) are required to register/sign-up on the OJS website. On successful registration, authors can upload the article according to the journal’s prescribed format and other submission pre-requisites
- Authors should note that all submitted articles are refereed through a double-blind peer review process which means that author’s identities remain unknown to reviewers and vice versa throughout the reviewing process
- Manuscript should be provided in Microsoft Word format. PDF’s are not acceptable. Manuscripts must be formatted according to the NH Journal format. Authors of poorly worded manuscripts are advised to seek professional editing assistance prior to submission otherwise the paper may be desk rejected
- Articles should be about 3,000 to 6,000 words in Times New Roman size 12 font. Word count includes everything: abstract, text, endnotes, references, tables, figures, and appendices
- The first page should contain the full title of the article and full names and affiliations of all authors including email address of the corresponding author
The format of the manuscript should be as follows:
- Abstract (up to 250 words)
- Keywords (up to 06 words)
- Literature Review
- Research Methodology
- Results and Conclusion
- Recommendations (if any)
- Acknowledgment (if any)
- References (APA 7th Style)
- References should be verifiable and cited in the text by the last name of the authors (all authors, if max four, the first author and et al when more than four) followed by the year, in descending chronological order. All references in the bibliography should be listed in alphabetical order of the authors last names followed by date of publication and other complete details
- There should be at least 20 references given in the manuscript. References should be cited from new/latest studies. Anonymous (Anon) references are not accepted. The Journal follows APA 7th referencing style
- The manuscript should include all necessary and complete information within the main text, not as footnotes & Endnotes
- Authors will make sure that all tables, graphs, and diagrams are in black and white in Times New Roman, font size 10. Tables in picture format will not be accepted
- Manuscripts will not be accepted after the closing date mentioned in the "Call for Papers" for each edition
- Author(s) should communicate the Editor/Editorial through their OJS account as well as emails regarding paper publication status and related matters
- Authors will be notified about the acceptance / rejection of the paper through email
- Accepted manuscript will be sent to the corresponding author for final proof reading. No editing or proofreading will be allowed after publication of the article
Conflict of Interest
- Publication must be approved by all author(s) of the paper through undertaking (available on the Journal’s website and management system)
- Author(s) should carefully list and order their names on the first page of the article. NH allows maximum three (03) authors/co-authors for each manuscript. An author’s name will not be added or deleted after the manuscript is submitted
- The review process may take from eight weeks to twenty-four months depending upon response from the reviewers and compliance from authors. After satisfactory review, the editorial board accepts the paper for publication
The analyses and views expressed in the journal publication are those of authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of the publishers. Greenwich University and the Editorial board is not responsible for the statements, contents, opinions expressed, or conclusion drawn by the contributors of the New Horizons.
For a detailed information about New Horizons and updated policy, please visit the journal’s website. Greenwich University reserves right to make any changes in the above policy without any prior notification.
This journal follows the Publication Ethics guidelines prepared by the Higher Education Commission of Pakistan which are available at www.greenwich.edu.pk/publications/nh